Monday, March 15, 2004

Ok, Birgit says if I have enough time to read all the Blog's that I do, then I have enough time to make my own. So enough "lurking," here it is! I'm an htmlidiot, so it'll take me a while to figure out how to make it presentable, so bear with me and any suggestions will be appreciated. I haven't even figured out how to add images and graphics yet.
I seem to have become a bit more introspective since The Passion. Whether it can be ascribed to the film, or just the direction I was already headed doesn't really matter. What does is that I am spending more time on my knees and in front of the Word, which is where I'd rather be anyways. We have so little time here on this dust-speck, and I hate to waste it by not even considering my direction sometimes. Here I am half-way through, and I only now am starting to think it's ok to be 'ordinary.' I really thought I needed to "be special" and do something different than just the status-quo, but I've come to realize that so much of that is a combination of needing to be accepted (by Man that transfers to God), the world and my own pride. As I learn to give up my pride and what I think I need to do or be to be 'successful,' I learn to be content and even thankful for all the ways that I am, and have been blessed. The ways are too numerous to count, but it sure is fun to try sometimes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home