Well we made it back from our father/daughter fishing trip in one piece Not that we wouldn't, but you would think so from some of the comments I got ;). We headed out to C.J. Strike reservoir on the Snake river on Friday afternoon, got the tent set up and the boat launched in time for a supper of canned ravioli's heated right in the can! We then started the campfire and toasted marshmallows, her favorite! Afterward we retired to the tent and read-out-loud "The Magician's Nephew" by C.S. Lewis.
We got up early the next morning and started another campfire and had our oatmeal breakfast before heading out fishing. We no sooner got situated on the far side of the lake when we got hit with a downpour and had to head back to the docks and scrambled back in the tent for more Lewis. We got to try to fish one more time, but it stayed windy and drizzly, so we gave up and headed back for lunch and packed up.
We had a lot of fun though, and I know she had a blast! Every time I would get the boat up to speed she would sit in the bow and turn around and grin that great-big smile at me and my heart would melt. I got the boat thanks in part to an ad in a fishing magazine where a father and daughter are out fishing and the girl is thinking:
Take me fishing
Because my wedding will
Be sooner than you think
Take me fishing
And show me that worms
Aren’t really that yucky
Take me fishing
You can think about
Work later
Take me fishing
Because I get the giggles
When the boat bounces
Take me fishing
Because my wedding will
Be sooner than you think
Very sneaky, subversive ad, but effective too! I forgot to bring my camera, but here’s one of my favorite fishing pictures and it could have been yesterday if we had caught any fish!





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home