Monday, November 07, 2005

Goin' back to N"awlins (yes, that is how they pronounce it, except in Kenner where they say Nu"awlins ;).
We had our first team meeting yesterday afternoon in preparation for our 11/14 departure. We only have seven people, compared to nine on the last trip, but these ae again some very exceptional people. I suppose they would have to be just to volunteer for a trip like this! Pastor Tri has made it adequately clear that this ain't no picnic! One of the ladies that is going introduced herself as "Hi, I'm --- your first-aid person." I said "oh, are you certified in first aid?" and she said she is an EMT. That will certainly be a load off the mind that we have on on the team this time. We did have a few cuts and scrapes last time, and Josh even stepped on a nail that went through his boot and had to be cleaned and bandaged by me. This should be a good trip.
Lord bless those that have volunteered their time and energy to help those that still need it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home