Ok, here's a tip for y'all (no, the walrus wasn't Paul). If you like Dave Matthew's music (but not neccesarily his voice) or Southern style rock in general then here's the CD for you! Or even if you don't, go buy the CD anyways because he's just a cool guy! According to the CD Baby website (where you can buy it) it ranges from roots rock to funk to blues to alt country. There's even a funny story behind the album art. It was already finished and released before Hurricane Katrina, but if you check out the picture it is of a suitcase in a parking lot in front of a puddle of water and the title is "Move." Is that prophetic, or what?!
We met Crispin at the Vineyard in Kenner and even got to share breakfast with him a couple of mornings. He's the worship leader there and man is this CD good! We were just getting ready to leave Kenner to come back to Boise and Crispin ran out and gave me "Move" and a worship CD. I have been playing it over and over since getting back because it continues to grow on me. I played it for my teens last night and they said that his cover of Trent Reznor's "Head Like A Hole" is way better than the NIN version ;). So go to his website and check out the CD (you can download MP3's there) and then buy the CD. You can also check out Crispin's blog for the latest on some of the Kenner Vineyard relief efforts.
Hey Andy, can we get him and his band up here for a concert?!!!
Randall's Blog:
A place for inspection and introspection




2 Comments:
Ok, I did it, on blind faith (or rather relying on your good taste in music) I just ordered a "Move" CD, sight unseen (or more accurately, songs unheard). Big fan of Dave Matthews, probably have all his CD's and a cover of Trent Reznor (how can anyone sound better than NIN?) was the deciding factor.
Randall,
Hey. Thanks so much for the kind words and generous promotion. CD Baby is one of the few outlets I've been selling CDs on as of late since I haven't been playing too much in the area (not a lot of venues currently). I am glad you posted the response from CD-Baby they send a person when they order. I have never got to read one of those before. They're a great company to work with because they keep things fun. I look forward to seeing you again and meeting more Idaho folks.
Crispin
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home