Ok, I have been feeling guilty about neglecting my blog all together since starting up on Facebook last year. I was partly inspired by some wonderful scenery and awesome pictures Birgit took during our trip out to Yellowstone via Idaho Falls.
We have had some terrific opportunities to do some weekend get-aways courtesy of the STAR program this year. The one to IF was the latest of several that have included Lewiston last month, and Hayden in June. This was the first time I was able to get out and do a little sightseeing too as I was only working half days and Yellowstone was only two hours away.
The first picture was taken of the "Sapphire Pool" in the Biscuit Basin area of Yellowstone. It is a 200+ degree spring that is nowhere near done justice here and you simply have to see in person. It made me wish there were such a thing as a diving "cool suit" that you could use to scuba here!
| From Idaho Falls |
The second image here is of a spring that I have forgotten the name but gives a cool contrast to the different colors found around the springs.
| From Idaho Falls |
We only had a few hours to sightsee and hike a little in this crown jewel of National Parks. It was nice to get the chance though as I hadn't been there since 1997 I think. It definitely inspires me to want to come back. I think we'll have to plan a camping trip there next year.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home