
So we went to the Loggins & Messina concert last night at the Idaho Center. I know what you're probably thinking: "those old fart has-beens," right? Wrong. They put on an awesome bluesy rocking show. They had no opener and played almost three hours with a 30 minute intermission. Holy cow, those old farts can sing and play! Plus the band they had with them (all probably old enough to be their sons ;) were cracker-jack. They had a versatile member (Gabe something-or-other) that played a killer fiddle, slide guitar, dobro, percussion (tamborine and assorted other instruments). Absolutely amazing. I think I was most impressed with Kenny's voice. I guess not screaming rock anthems your entire career allows you to keep your range. Jimmy said "I didn't realize you had gotten so bluesy," to which Kenny replied after 30 years in music you pick up some blues. At least he did. I'd go see them again.
Randall's Blog:
A place for inspection and introspection




2 Comments:
i heard that was a great show...
very cool
Hey Randall, I'm not sure about your Mom... but I KNOW your Dad does rock and roll 8-)
30 years of Pooh!
Dave
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home