Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Deuces and Jacks, the man with the axe.
A pair of natural sevens splits the pot!

So it looks like things might be looking like they might be looking up. It is hard to say with certainty because there is so much uncertainty (hence my redundant statement) and you hear one thing and then a day later you hear another.
Friday was the deadline for electing to take voluntary severance quitting for a bonus paycheck). I didn't take it. They announced on Monday that they had received more volunteers than they had allowed for. In other words, they had set a 'cap' of 113 people out of our division of 900 people. They found out on Monday that they had received 168 volunteers. That's the good news. The bad news is that there will now be a massive reorganization and they will need to figure out where everyone will fit into it.

It's funny because I learned an important lesson on Sunday, and a lot of things about myself over these last several weeks. Most of them I do not like. I am way too dependent on my job for my financial and emotional security. I heard God tell me (don't ask me how, if you don't know, I ain't tellin') a week ago not to worry,
that he would take care of me. I replied that if He would spare my job I would be so grateful. I finally realized yesterday that I should already be grateful, because He provided the job in the first place and He is certainly more than able to provide another one if this one isn't where I am supposed to be now.

I also learned that I am not a very nice person to be around when I am stressed. I have never hidden how I feel very well, and I have found that I stress people out when I am stressed out. Instead of having peace that passes understanding, I have stress that passes unto others. I don't like that. Lord help me trust, help me to not strive and to rest in You.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. What to say, what to say.... Welcome to living in the world. Dood- be grateful too that you have a God that lets you hear that message! He knows what you're doing. Even more importantly, He knows what He's doing. He knows that you ARE listening to His word and that you will eventually pass your yoke to Him. It's the time that passes until you come to that realization that He uses to make it easier the next time isn't it? BTW- You're not all that bad to be around- even when you're stressed. We'll continue to hold the Idyhoans up in prayer out here in sunny (?????) Kahleeforniyah.
God continue to bless you and your family, and in turn you all continue to be a blessing to others.

9:14 AM  
Blogger randall said...

Ok, just remember me for my share of the royalties ;) kidding, kidding. I very much appreciate the word and the thoughts.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home