Friday, March 11, 2005



Thanks to Jon via Mike Todd here is another link to a very cool streaming clip from Bono that discusses and explains the ONE campaign that I mentioned below. Check out the clip and be sure to check out the campaign website at http://www.one.org/

(Added 3/12/05) I forgot to mention that there were a few quotes that really hit home with me that I posted as comments on Jon's blog. They are:

"This is not about charity, it’s about justice."

"'Cause this is not all about heart. We have to be smart here..."

"Poverty breeds despair. We know this. Despair breeds violence. We know this. In turbulent times, isn't it cheaper and smarter to make friends out of potential enemies than to defend yourself against them later?"

"History, like God, is watching what we do."

If you want to participate in responding to this "emergency," be sure and visit http://www.one.org/.

You can sign the digital petition, add a link to your webpage or blog (like I have) or make a contribution and get some cool "ONE" wristbands (or even all of the above!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home