Saturday, February 12, 2005



So I got my wish and spent an awesome day skiing at Tamarack yesterday. That was the hardest and most aggressive I have skied in quite some time. I did have my boss along in tow (he hadn't skied in a few years) but that was probably a good thing since I would have burned out earlier without stopping to wait for him ;). I put some ski tips into use that I received from a former U.S Ski Team member (thanks Eric!) and it really gave me a new perspective on how approach my runs. It is much faster, but I can feel that I have way more control. What a blast! The view from the top of the hill is absolutely incredible! We had a clear day and you could look down on the whole Payette lake valley. It reminded me of some views from Heavenly, Tahoe or even St. Johann's in Austria. It's sure a nice resort, but they still have a ways to go in development (need more runs) and the two hour drive and $55 lift ticket is an inhibitor when Bogus is only 45 minutes away and has such a cheap season pass. It was certainly nice getting a free day off work and a free day skiing though!

1 Comments:

Blogger eric keck said...

awesome day... can't wait to hear the trail reports live and in person

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home