Sunday, February 20, 2005

By way of my friend Ryan's blog come these three Russian jokes (don't bother to visit his blog, he appears to have formatting problems and you have to 'View/Source' to be able to read it. Perhaps html is different in Kazakhstan). He is currently volunteering in the Peace Corps there, and he prefaces them by saying "That they are funny to me isn't meant to be implied." So for your cutural enrichment, here they are:


1) A little girl wanted a bicycle very badly. Every day for a week, she asked her father for a bicycle. Finally, on the seventh day, her father took an axe and cut off her legs. "What do you need a bicycle for?" he asked. "You don't have any legs!"

2) A hunchback and a stammerer were friends. The hunchback came up to the stammerer and said, "I have good news for you! You've been offered a job as a TV anchorman." The stammerer was very offended, and said to the hunchback, "Well, you remember that photograph you gave me of yourself? I'm giving it back to you so I can close my photo album."

3) Two men, Ivan and Vladya, got very drunk together. Staggering out of the bar, Ivan fell into a filthy ditch with chickens in it, and the chickens started pecking at him, cheep cheep cheep. "Ivan, shoo the chickens away," said Vladya. "I can't," said Ivan.


6 Comments:

Blogger Jon Reid said...

I must confess I sniggered.

Speaking of hard to read, your own blog's formatting is, well, tall and skinny these days. But maybe that's an improvement over having your entries in the main section but shoved down and hanging off to the right.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Jon Reid said...

Hey, your friend's blog is quite legible. Maybe you need to switch to another browser, one that works?

11:05 AM  
Blogger randall said...

That is really weird. I would think its me, except I notice someone else posted the same issue in the "google helps" post. What screen settings do you use? I tried 1280x1024 and 1024x768 and neither work.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Jon Reid said...

Most people still use IE, but your friend may be using Firefox, which is said to be faster, more secure, and certainly avoiding IE's well-known CSS bugs. ...But there are hacks to tweak CSS to work around the bugs which are pretty well documented on the web.

11:48 AM  
Blogger eric keck said...

when i was using firefox, i found it didn't work at all with the WYSIWYG mode on manilla so we had to switch back to IE.

ps. i liked the bicycle joke the best

6:58 PM  
Blogger eric keck said...

when i was using firefox, i found it didn't work at all with the WYSIWYG mode on manilla so we had to switch back to IE.

ps. i liked the bicycle joke the best

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home