Monday, November 21, 2005

Well it's starting to feel a bit like a regular commute, but we've been down to N'Awlins and made it back again. There are more dramatic pictures that I took than this one, but Miss Mattie in the center of our group was one of the more special people that we met, or I have ever met for that matter, so I am posting it. She was a 90 year old widow of a Baptist minister and she had asked for help cleaning out the ruins that had once been her material possesions. One of the team said it looked like the wreck of the Titanic, but we got it all cleared out and she is now able to get started on rebuilding. She kept saying, "It's just things!" The cool thing was that she even came to church at the Vineyard in Kenner just so she could see where we went to church. I think Louisiana Vineyard style worship was probably not like anything else she had experienced coming from a baptist background, but by the end of the songs you could see that she was really enjoying it. Of course with Crispin playing, who could blame her! I will post my journal again once I have it transcribed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home