In reflecting on the Morning Prayer of the Northumbria "Daily Office" Declaration of Faith, I am struck by the reference to Peter's words in John 6:68 "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life." I know we are so inundated in words, information, data, news, TV, media, conversation, meetings, presentations, etc., etc., etc. Of course God can use these and other things to speak to us, and He certainly often uses the words of people in our lives. But how often do we, do I, go simply straight to the source and ask or listen for the words of eternal life? The meditation for today fits that rather well.
Randall's Blog:
A place for inspection and introspection
Wednesday, April 12, 2006
Blogs I read
BirgitChad
Stephan Pastis
Crispytunes News
U2 Sermons
Ryan's Webpage
Links
Quote
- "Remember; no matter where you go, there you are."
- Buckaroo Banzai

E-mail me
Previous Posts
- So Birgit and I discussed yesterday how it seems t...
- Study fails to show healing power of prayer I read...
- Ok, I am officially a geezer now. My incredibly aw...
- Ouch, ouch, make it stop! I'm not supposed to laug...
- Missing!No, this is not from an X-Files body parts...
- Well, after weeks of constant pain and discomfort,...
- Another class bites the dust!Yep, Networks and Dat...
- Here's a cool site I happened across where you can...
- God must have a beeg plan for us!!!
- Feeling lost? Not sure where you are? The all powe...
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


2 Comments:
I love the song by Mark McCoy called, "You Only" (on Vineyard's Father's Heart #28, Jesus Lead On CD) where he uses this quote from Peter in the song. The aspect that catches me is that, no matter how tough it is to live out the Christian life, what else is there? Nothing that can give Life, that's sure. Just my two cent's worth from Japan!
Nice to hear from you Andrea, thanks for stopping by!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home