Sunday, March 26, 2006

Missing!

No, this is not from an X-Files body parts removal episode, and yes, it is the most disgusting picture I have ever posted to this blog. This is the last known picture of my now defunct gall-ballder. It was taken via fiber-optic camera as they did the surgery just prior to its removal (it's the bluish thingy in the foreground and that's my liver behind it. It stays, thank you very much. Gross? Yes of course I know it's gross, but if I suffered, you can certainly suffer the pictures!)

Birgit took me in on Thursday at noon and was my moral support through the entire very unpleasant process. They began by making 5 unsuccessful attempts to start an IV. This had to be done before they could give any anesthetic, so needless to say I began to feel rather like a mistreated pin-cushion before they could even get started. They wheeled me back into OR and the next thing I knew I was waking up minus some body parts. Mulder, I told you to keep an eye on them!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jon Reid said...

Ewww.

Hope you're feeling better.

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agreed with you it was totally gross, but in a captivating sort of way. David thought it was cool. :-) Um, I hope they also got that big white foreign object out of your abdomen while they were in there.

Keep up the good recovery efforts! Glad to hear things are improving.

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes!! I'm glad they got that ugly thing outta there. I'm hoping with it gone, all your pain is forever gone too!! I was listening to Switchfoot and "More than Fine" came on, right at your surgery time, pretty cool!! It confirmed to me that you were going to be Fine.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home