Thursday, January 19, 2006

I was checking on Crispin's blog today and found it ironic that he was lured to buying CD's on eBay by checking out new music, and I was lured there by looking for older stuff. It irks me to have to pay over 10 bucks for stuff that I own on vinyl but can't play because the turntable somehow didn't survive the move to Idaho. I find some things at the library on CD, but some things I don't.

Birgit
and I recently started to watch an Elton John TV special that was really sad considering how innovative he was back in the early 70's (back when I was in high school, I know, I'm oooolldd!). It was sad in that it was almost a parody of what he once was, and also ironic that he even said once in an interview that performing in Las Vegas is "the antithesis of what I ever wanted to become" and "It's usually the graveyard or the end of the artist's career." We gave up on the special but that spurred me to go looking online on eBay and I found a few gems including "Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy" for $5. I can live with that amount. Meanwhile I am trying to stay open to newer stuff and following Jon's advice and downloading the iTunes 'Free Download' of the week. I have even been listening to
Birgit's
Death Cab for Cutie CD!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jon Reid said...

Just be careful, sometimes songs listed on the front page as "free" are not set up correctly. Make sure it's really free on the song's page.

10:10 AM  
Blogger randall said...

That's good to know, thanks for the tip. I always thought it was weird that it would show up as 'purchased' for $0.0 in my account info.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Jon Reid said...

Also check out http://www.pandora.com

12:59 PM  
Blogger Crispin Schroeder said...

Randall - What's Vinyl?

I'll go check out Capt'n Fantastic, you can't loose with a name like that.

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home