A good friend and artist from work posted a question about "The Nativity Story" over on his website on whether anyone had seen it and what they thought about it. Here is my reply:
Our entire homegroup went to see it when it opened last Friday. Interestingly, the adults (myself included) enjoyed it very much. We thought they did a very nice job in a very authentic setting of depicting the beginning of the story. It really made you think a lot more about the circumstances and challenges that Mary and Joseph had to endure while preparing for an 'out of wedlock' birth. We all though it was an excellent way to start out the holiday season and to remind us all what it is really about. There were of course a few 'artistic license' details that weren't accurate, like the "three wise men" showing up at the stable, but they did a great job of providing comic relief! It didn't bother me personally. My teens on the other hand didn't care for it and one of the people that brought their three year old son had to deal with him crying at the birth scene. In all I thought it was worth seeing and a great Christmas movie. It sure beats Jim Carrey as an awfully made-up Grinch!
Let me know if you've seen it and what your thoughts are.
Randall's Blog:
A place for inspection and introspection




1 Comments:
Hey thanks for answering my question! :) I wasn't sure if you or my buddy Brian that posts every once in awhile had seen it yet. You make it sound very good, especially contrasted with that Jim Carrey comment at the end. That made me shudder! Will definitely have to go see it. I really want to go see "One Night With the King" also, about the story of Esther. I haven't looked at the showtimes in awhile tho, I may be too late on that one. I should put more of an effort into supporting these Biblically-based movies. Well, as long as they are well-done, which it sounds like this one is at least.
Thanks again!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home