Well we are back in gear at the old TKD studio. After taking more than a year off we decided it was high time to get back into some sort of regular exercise. My motivation is twofold I believe. I see older people that practice martial arts and they seem to stay in pretty good shape. I know that the less I exercise the worse I feel, the more often I get sick and the more prone to injury I become. The second motivator is that I have finally gotten my daughter signed up. She just turned 11 and given the help we will be able to provide with practice at home; I expect she should make black belt by the time she is 15. I wrote on a previous occasion about the 17-year old gal from our old studio that complained that guys wouldn't want to date her anymore once they found out she was a black belt. We told her that if that discouraged them then maybe they weren't the types she would want to be dating in the first place!
Some additional good news is it looks like our studio will be expanding and opening a second studio about 2 miles away from us here in Eagle. My hopes are that Toby and I will be able to help out with instruction there. I know that it will be a good location with a lot of potential for additional growth. Plus it will be soooo nice to get there in under 5 minutes instead of over 1/2 hour each way!
Randall's Blog:
A place for inspection and introspection




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home