Wow, one of those "wish I'd been there" kind of moments. My buddy Crispin told me a while back that U2 was coming to New Orleans (I think they played one of their concerts there) but they ended up pulling a surprise performance, more or less, by performing together with Green Day for the reopening of the Superdome for Monday Night Football last week. I hadn't even heard about it until my son brought home a CD that one of the local radio stations was giving away at his restaurants grand opening yesterday. It's called "The Saints Are Coming" and its also available for download over on the Edge's charity site called "Music Rising." Music Rising was an idea of the Edge's to replace instruments that had been lost by musicians in New Orleans during Katrina last year. You can catch a video of the event over on YouTube or you can just click the picture in this post. Cool stuff!
Randall's Blog:
A place for inspection and introspection




1 Comments:
Great song!! Billy Joe and Bono, what a pair.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home