Back from Singapore and home, sweet, home, yay! Another 17 hour flight and over 24 hours of travel left last Thursday as kind of a blur. I got home about 1 AM on Friday and managed to sleep, but it is still hard to tell what time it is. It is ever so nice to be back home in familiar surroundings. Now I can continue the jet-lag recovery process!
I took quite a few pictures, but the one I chose to post here is of two of my HP colleagues from Singapore that we worked with while we were there. One of the most interesting things to experience during foreign travel is the local cuisine, and this was no exception. Our colleagues took us to this seafood restaurant that I can no longer remember the name of, but it was rather amazing in the variety of seafood it offered.
Singapore is certainly what they say: the cleanest big city in the world. It was interesting though that when we arrived at the hotel early on Sunday morning there was what appeared to be the leftovers of a big street party on the sidewalk. A lot of trash and empties, but by the afternoon it had all disappeared. It made me wonder if people knew they could just leave stuff because it would all be picked up anyways. Although from what I hear the fines for littering are quite stiff. We saw a sign for "$1,000 fine for bicycle riding on the sidewalks!"
All in all it was an interesting experience and I'm glad I got a chance to see it, but I am even happier to be back home!
Randall's Blog:
A place for inspection and introspection




1 Comments:
Good thing you left your bicycle at home!! Glad your trip was good.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home