Monday, July 24, 2006

I like school so much now I spent my entire weekend taking a motorcycle skills course ;). Actually I had been signed up for it for a while (click the picture to check out their website) and it was well worth it, except for the heat part! As I mentioned in a previous post I acquired a motorcycle recently, but it has been over ten years since I've owned or ridden one and I never took any kind of training. This class came HIGHLY recommended by my bike riding friends at work and even by the hardcore Harley riders at my Thursday night poker game. Now I know why. There was of course quite a bit of classroom training, but almost half of the class was practical, hands-on, riding motorcycles on a closed course. I got to spend about 9-10 hours on a new Honda Nighthawk doing all kinds of maneuvers from basic to real-wheel skids and speed-through turns. It was a hoot! The only downside was it got up to 107 degrees on Saturday and 104 on Sunday. Thankfully we finished our riding at 11 on Sat and 2:30 on Sun. The instructor asked me if I would be interested in teaching future classes. I think it could potentially be rewarding and a lot of fun!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jon Reid said...

I think you have been around keck too much.

6:31 PM  
Blogger randall said...

Wow, is that a compliment or what?! ;D

8:06 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

Sounds like a nice bike. The training sounded fun too, try not to wrap yourself around a pole with that thing! That would be cool to be an instructor, you must be pretty good on that thing. I'm good enough to wrap it around a pole, that's why I have a minivan instead.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home