Yep, here's a plug. My friend Crispin has been writing some great stuff over at his Crispytunes News blog lately that I just had to mention. In particular the "Let Them Enjoy Medieval Music" and "Indie Worship and Microbreweries" posts.
I have often struggled with the whole "Contemporary Christian Music" idea in general and industry in specific. I suppose it goes all the way back to the days when Keith Green would lambast artists like Amy Grant for 'selling the gospel' while he gave it away and only would let record stores carry his CDs if they would give them away to people that asked. There is a lot of "Christian" music that I like and appreciate either artistically/musically or that leads me to worship (of course those are often inclusive) and some "non-Christian" music that does the same thing.
Crispin's earlier post makes a great comparison between music for music's sake and Micro breweries. I can so relate to that ;). His latest post really hit the nail on the head for me in a quote that he references where an Indian woman from the rainforests of Brazil put it so clearly. The bible is God's way to speak to us, but music gives us a way to "talk back to God." It doesn't have to be something labeled as "Christian" music that allows us to do this, and for me it often isn't. Preach it Crispin.
Oh, and go buy his CD. It's some really cool stuff.
Randall's Blog:
A place for inspection and introspection




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home