Wednesday, June 21, 2006


Ok, there is no such thing as coincidence, so what was up with today? I was chatting with a friend at work about ministries and mission and he encouraged me to check again what I should really be doing. I assured him that I was and that at one time I had pursued long-term foreign missions and had done work with my friend Robert Benson's Arms of Love organization. My friend at work considers his ministry adopting children from disadvantaged countries (he has adopted two from China, is in the middle of adopting three more from Liberia, besides his own four kids!) and I told him about the Arms of Love mission to orphans and abandoned street kids and about their being other options to adoption.

I then went down to lunch on my own and ran into another friend from my church and we ended up talking about, guess what, right, missions and ministry. I continued part of the conversation with another friend that is in the middle of preparing to leave his job and go into full-time ministry with Campus Crusade. So I get home, have dinner and sit down to do my school work and guess who calls?

By the way, please, please, please visit the Arms of Love website and read their information and if at all possible consider giving to support them. We currently sponsor one of the girls in Nicaragua that just started there when we were building homes in 1999. It is a fantastic organization that I have worked with to build homes for orphans (not an orphanage. Go read!) and even worked with them in administration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home