Birgit and I have been checking out the Sci-Fi channel's version of the new Battlestar Galactica via Netflix. I have to say that it is way cooler than the old 70's version and I really dig Mr. Olmos as Adama. I have been a fan of his since he was in Blade Runner and he has done some cool stuff since. There was a line of his from one of the epsiodes we were watching last night that made Birgit and I both go "whoa!" I'm sure the writers had to have been thinking Iraq as they wrote it, but I liked the line. The interim president asks Adama as the head of the military to use some of his soldiers as police since all of the police have been wiped out by the cylons (cool robots!). He declines and says, "There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."
Obviously it is considered a good quote since its listed on good ol' IMDB at: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407362/quotes
Randall's Blog:
A place for inspection and introspection




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home