Saturday, December 16, 2006

So we have had a nice, quiet weekend so far. I took a half day off yesterday and my girls and I went to see the new Eragon movie (since the boys went to see the midnight premier without us). We enjoyed it after a bit of a rough start. It wasn't near as bad as the reviewers made it sound (what do they know anyways?).

Yep, we got us a pinannee today for Kira (and Birgit of course). We went to her recital on Tuesday night where she played the entire "Music of the Night" from Phantom of the Opera!" I was very impressed (and prouder than heck!) with her playing ability. I video-taped the entire song for posterity of course. The pictue above is of one just like it as ours won't be delivered until next week. We found a place that no only delivers but comes back a month later to re-tune it once it has acclimated to our environment. Toby and I were discussing that we need to get an electric guitar. We were arguing over who should learn how to play it though since he's taking lessons on electric bass and I'm taking them for acoustic guitar. Pretty soon we'll be starting a family rock band. Too bad we aren't the Partridges... nah.

2 Comments:

Blogger Crispin Schroeder said...

The family piano is what screwed it for me. When I was 8 or 9 we got a piano and well here I am still playiing music. looks like a good one. The Phelps Family Band. Hmmm. I'd buy a ticket.

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to hear someone say something nice about Eragon. I am still finishing the book in hopes of going to see the movie, but my son recently told me everyone he knows didn't like it (saying they changed a lot of things and left a lot out, and Arya was ugly, etc). Arya's meant to have raven black hair...is that her in the pictures with blond hair?

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home