Saturday, March 22, 2008

Got back from working at Vineyard Boise's "Journey of the Cross" event last night and man was I toasted. Hmm, rather and ironic use of terms given how cold it was out there! I suspect I dropped my core body temp a degree or two. It went off extremely well with minimal technical difficulties, although I suspect part of this was that it was Rich and my third year in a row working the sound there together. I got a kick out of all of the people that walked up to the audio/visual staff person to tell him what a great job he had done as he was standing in front of our sound desk. I have to admit that I started to feel offended, but only for a milli-second as I remembered that the sound guys chief sign of success is not to be noticed!

Things are still up and down at work and I am keeping my fingers crossed that things will change for the better there soon. I am about finished with wrapping up my 'process improvement project' and will be thrilled when it is done.

I booked my flight to Phoenix to go to what my uncle calls "Grandma's Birthday Bash." We had gone back and forth on my going as it is too far and too expensive for my whole family to go, and since it is a 'family event' we didn't think that only one of us should go. In the end, my grandmother mentioned that she would appreciate my being there since there would be so many relatives there who never visit with her otherwise. She was afraid that people would stop and talk to her for five minutes and then ignore her (since that's what they've done at other family gatherings) and she wanted to have some people there who would just spend time with her. How can you turn down a request like that?

Today I am going to a "New Harley Owners" event at our local Harley dealer as a representative of the STAR program. Given the fact that they encourage new Harley owner/riders to take our training I am honored to go as an ambassador/representative. I can imagine that Harley would like to see their customers live and continue to ride as a dead customer is certainly not a paying customer ;) It simply makes good business sense. We will be running our "Public Service Announcement" video, making a presentation on the program and having Q&A. Should be fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home