Saturday, July 10, 2004

Ok, I guess it's about time I at least post something. I've been busier than I care to be (I know, lame excuse) and blogging hasn't been a high enough priority, but at least one of my projects has been fun. So, taking a tip from Eric's blog, here's a little of what I've been working on:





I've had this puppy (or should I say horsie?) since I got rid of my first wheels (a '72 Ford Pinto) and I've gotten every one of my speeding tickets in it. I had it up to 115 once going over the Cajon Pass in California, for which I earned a 70 m.p.h. ticket and my first trip to traffic school. 'Course that was back in '82.




I had the original California license plates on it up until I tried to title it in Idaho (that's a frustrating story for another time) last week. The DMV said I can find any 'year of manufacture' plates for it and I picked these up at an antique shop in downtown Boise. I guess that makes my wheels (and me?) an antique?




Here's where my work started and will keep me busy for a while. It's the stock 289, 2-barrel Holley 200 h.p. variety. Surprisingly, after 2 years in the garage it only needed a new battery. It's running fairly well and I've been driving it around town. It used to get a lot of comments when I first got it, now I can't go anywhere without it starting a conversation!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home