Tuesday, June 08, 2004





Well, I've been back from Europe for almost a week now, and I think I'm almost over jet-lag and starting to get caught up at work. I took this Photo of Prague Castle from the top of the Eiffel Tower replica on the neighboring hill. What a city, what a culture and what great beer!
We had our last 40DOP meeting last night and everyone agreed that they would like to continue as a group. That is really exciting as they are a great bunch that it will be fun to grow with. We will take the summer off from our weekly meeting, but continue to meet for 'special events' like BBQ's and pool parties, then re-convene in the Fall.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon Reid said...

Welcome back, Randall!
BTW, the image you posted is nearly a megabyte in size -- a killer for anyone who does not have broadband -- because specifying the dimensions of a picture to make it small does not reduce the data.
As an experiment, I loaded the photo into Adobe ImageReady, shrank the size, did "auto levels" and "unsharp mask" to improve the quality, and specified medium-quality JPEG compression. This yields a file slightly over 7K, which ImageReady says is a 2-second download on a 56K modem.

8:30 PM  
Blogger randall said...

Birgiittt! Could you help me resize my picture pleeeze? Jon's complaining again and I aint got no fancy Adobe programs like he's talking about and you do!

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home