Saturday, April 24, 2004

So we had our last Kuk Sool Won workout with JKN Ryan yesterday. He is leaving for a two year stint in Kazakhstan with the Peace Corps. I sure didn't realize how attached I had become to him and our midday workouts at work. It really broke me up as I drove away yesterday thinking about how much fun it had been having him mistreat us and train us. There were times when I really didn't think I would be able to finish our training, but he always seemed to drive us just a little bit harder and to get us to go on past the point where we didn't think we could go. I think that's what I'll miss about training with Ryan the most (that, his personality and him humiliating us with the Bunny Song!) We will still go and work out, but I doubt we'll drive each other (Craig, Aaron and I) as Ryan was able to. We will hope that KSN Wheeler will be able to start training here in Boise soon and we will continue to advance in our training. There is something about martial arts training that makes other difficulties seem not so difficult. I had hoped to post some pictures of us, but it seems I don't have any. I will post them when I get them from Craig. For now, in Ryan's honor, here is the Bunny Song:

San Toki (산 토끼), Toki-ya
Oh titar ganjin ya!
Gunshin, gunshin, li da so
O titar ganjin ya

Here's our picture (thanks Craig):


Craig, Me, Brett, Ryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home