Wednesday, May 28, 2008

So I made it back from my trip to Phoenix on Monday... barely. I was going to add a photo but Blogger is uncooperative at the moment so it will have to wait. It was quite the adventure in travel this time. I was supposed to fly Boise to Denver to Phoenix on Thursday, but when I got to the airport they had indefinitely delayed the flights to Denver due to tornadoes in the area. No thanks, think I'll pass on the tornadoes. So they rebooked me on a flight to San Francisco and when we got there we got to wait almost 2 hours on the runway for the weather between there and Phoenix to clear up before they would allow us to depart. As it was it was mildly rough, but not too bad. The worst part was the cynical flight attendant who kept saying things like "if they allow us to depart" and "if the weather cooperates" and "if we don't crash in a horrendous fireball after being flung out of the air by freak tornadoes." Well ok, he didn't exactly say that last part, but it sure seemed he was implying it!

We had a very nice visit in Phoenix for my Grandmother's 85th birthday. It was nice to see so many people turn up and many who hadn't been together in years. My two brothers and sister were all together for the first time in 6 or 7 years and my cousins who I hadn't seen in over ten years. We hiked and fished and played cards and even fixed my uncle's computer! A grand time was had by all. Then there was the trip back...

I got to the Phoenix airport in time on Sunday morning. We boarded the plane and they pushed back from the jetway. We then sat there for 15 minutes before they came on and said the navigational computer wasn't working and they were trying to fix it. I thought "it sure would've been nice if they would have tested it before having us all get on board." They had to go back to another gate and bring on a repairman who managed to get it working an hour and a half later. Unfortunately my connecting flight in San Francisco was leaving in another hour and 30 minutes and it is an hour and forty minute flight to get there. That's right, I ended up missing my connecting flight by about ten minutes. I then had the pleasure of hanging out in the SF terminal for over eight hours as the only other connecting flight would have taken me to L.A. to San Diego to Denver to Boise and only arrived 15 minutes before my flight at midnight. Oh well, at least I made it home and alls well that ends well. I sure did lots of praying on this trip I can tell you.

We did have a terrific Memorial Day on Monday. Birgit packed all the stuff up for a barbecue picnic and we headed over to Eagle Island Park and had a nice time playing frisbee and walking. We then packed up and all went to see the new Indiana Jones movie which we all liked and were all just a little bit disappointed with. All in all a fun time was had by everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home