Alright, enough with the shark stuff already! I have always found them fascinating and I guess one thought leads to another. Oh well. I happened across a couple of interesting blog sites this a.m. and they got me thinking (that's always a good thing, right?) The first was a link from Eric's blog to Randy Jumper's "thehouseblog" site. He has a discussin on the pro's and con's of megachurch vs. emerging church that's quite interesting. I posted the following comment to his site:
You seem to have hit on a popular subject and I am happy to have stumbled upon your blog while reading Eric's. My wife and I came from a small church that was an extension of the home groups that it started as, and have ended up in a mega church here in Boise simply because it's the same 'denomination.' We almost left to look for something we were more accustomed to, but a near mutiny from our kids and no clear direction to worship/serve elsewhere has kept us here for over two years now. I can definitely appreciate both sides of the 'discussion'(I don't want to call it an argument ;). Thanks for posting it.
The second link was to the e-church website and I will have to spend some time perusing it. We are still trying to understand our direction/ministry here in a church that is so heavy with it, but it's always fun watching what God is doing.
Randall's Blog:
A place for inspection and introspection




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home