My Uncle said "kiss the fish before throwing it back or you kiss your luck goodbye."
Ok, everyone knows that it's bad luck to be superstitious, but no use being reckless now is there? We got back from a mini-vacation and visiting with bunches of relatives. We had a great time in spite of it being Phoenix. It only got up to about 102 on Thursday. All the rest of the days it was closer to ninety. We had fun hiking through the hills, playing cards, swimming, fishing and even a quick round of golf before it got too hot. It was sure nice to get to see everyone, but it's nice to be back to peace and quiet at home too.
I got into a bit of a dilemma yesterday at church. We accompanied my Aunt to her Catholic church and when it came time for communion my uncle said "if you normally take communion in your own church you are welcome to here." Knowing what I do about Catholicism I know this is not the case. You have to be a confirmed catholic that also meets other conditions to take communion in a Catholic church. I decided that my Uncle, being Lutheran, (those durned protesters! ;) was not the one to be inviting me to take communion in a Catholic church even though he apparently does all the time. He said that the priest there is ok with it and is one of those 'non-conformist' types of catholics. I told my Uncle that if either my Aunt, who is catholic, or the priest had invited me I would have considered going. As it was, I felt like it was someone who is not the host inviting others to a party without the hosts permission. Come to think of it, we had that happen this weekend too!
Randall's Blog:
A place for inspection and introspection




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home