Toby might have taken the picture, but it's my dog!
Things are really starting to pick up around here lately. We booked our trip again to go out and see Josh graduate from Air Force basic training in March. He was set back a week (yep, an extra week of basic) so we had to rebook the entire trip. We talked to him last Saturday and he sounded much more upbeat. He had completed and passed a major inspection and was in much better spirits than the last time we talked to him.
We then spent the weekend getting ready for our new TKD studio to open. We painted, cleaned and worked on electrical issues the building has. Was THAT ever fun. Not. I also told Toby that it is even more difficult knowing that the studio is SO close but we still have to drive out to the old location until the new one opens. The studio owner and his wife got to the new location early on Sunday and she said "Ohmigosh it takes a long time to get here!" I said, "No it doesn't. I missed the light on the corner and still made it here in under three minutes!" It takes us anywhere from 25-45 minutes to get to the old location depending on traffic. Yuck.
I am finishing up the paperwork in preparation for my STAR motorcycle instructor training. That will be on March 24-25 on the weekend after we get back from San Antonio. In addition to that I will be taking the Lean/SixSigma Black Belt training here at work. Don't even get me started on that subject, but it is the big new push at a quality improvement program here. I met with our VP last week to discuss my interest in management (part of my "career development plan" dontcha know) after being approached by his executive assistant to ask if I would be interested.
It seems like everyone wants me in some sort of leadership position these days and I am just kind of hanging out watching to see what happens. The biggest struggle will be to not take on too much, but I feel like if I am being shown an open door I should walk towards it and see if it stays open. I can always reassess later and decide what I want to do longer term. For now I plan to hold on tight and enjoy the ride!
Randall's Blog:
A place for inspection and introspection




2 Comments:
motorcycle instructor
martial art instructor
muscle car restorer...
dude,your my hero...
BADASS lets see your skull tats!!!
Badass, right... I'll show you my skull tats right after I get my wife's permission to get them! ;)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home