(Thanks Toby for the pictures!)
This is part of what is keeping me busy these days. Motorcycling and TKD. I am busy teaching both through the Idaho STAR program and at our TKD studio. I mistakenly thought I would be less busy once I finished my degree, but I suppose you could say it is all self-inflicted. I was thinking last week that perhaps I was so used to being busy all the time working and going to school that once school was finished I sub-consciously looked for other things to fill the space with. Ah well, at least now it's all fun stuff!
Happy Easter everyone: Jesus Christ is risen indeed! We had a very nice weekend with our Good Friday "Hike to Tablerock" event with the church. I ran the sound board in the old Boise Penitentiary where we had a reenactment before the hike. This year the weather cooperated (although it rained yesterday and forced us to move our 'sunrise' service indoors) and it was a beautiful evening for the hike up the hill. A gorgeous sunset and the mass of humanity there to remember Jesus sacrificial death for our sins. It even was dark by the time we hiked down this year (I think the time change was too late the previous time) and made for a very cool snake of people with flashlights on the trail down.
Saturday I met my friend Mike Davis, who I went Elk hunting with last year, for a check-out dive in one of the local ponds. It was nice to do a little diving after a loooong time (since Hawaii) being dry. We hope to dive off the northern California coast, near Fort Bragg, later this month. I am hoping we get to do some more diving now that we have a local dive buddy!
Saturday evening Toby and I joined Gary and Joel and went to watch "The Passion of the Christ" at the Vineyard. It remains a very moving and thought provoking film. We all had some good conversation about it later over tea and ice cream at the Hunt's place.
We wrapped up Easter with the rained out sunrise service. I really had a hard time with all the flash photography that went on during the service. It was obviously something the church was doing (as opposed to ignorant tourists) and I found it extremely distracting. Not only did it hurt my eyes as the photographer was sitting just behind me to the side, but it made for a feeling that it was more an event for the sake of an event than it was to lead us to contemplation and worship. Perhaps I just don't understand.
Anyways, we then had all three of the Hunt's and five of the Eastman's over for Easter supper. We all had a lot of fun and games and ate way too much. It was nice to be able to share the holiday with a big bunch of friends. It looks to be an extremely busy week (what else is new?) that will wrap up with another STAR training session. I am looking forward to that and hope that I successfully complete my apprenticeship sessions!
Randall's Blog:
A place for inspection and introspection




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home