Quite the eventful weekend. Friday evening we had our "Spring Recital" where all of the students of our music teacher get together for a potluck and a chance to perform what they have been working on. It was quite the turnout and full program 13 different performers doing everything from country to rock to classical to movie tunes to their own compositions. I got to give my first ever performance and play two songs with Toby accompanying me on bass. I mentioned that I was playing my grandfather's guitar that he had played and performed with for years and that the first song I played was the song I most remembered him playing.
Saturday I spent the morning cleaning up the garage a bit and getting the old 'stang running. I was surprised that after pumping the accelerator enough times to get gas in the carb it fired right up! Blew a bit of carbon out the tailpipe, but not too surprising after sitting for probably nine months! I took T & K both for spins around the neighborhood and it inspired me to think further about getting rid of my SUV. If I get a dual-sport bike that can handle most conditions then the 'stang can certainly handle the few days of the year when it is just too nasty to ride! Later that evening Toby, his friend, his friend's dad and I all went to the Flicks to see "The Host." It was an awesome Korean monster movie that really didn't fit any genre. One reviewer said it was a cross between Godzilla and Ordinary People, which tells you how quirky it is but doesn't really do it justice. All I can say is go see it!
Yesterday we had church in the morning and then spent the entire afternoon taking K to summer music camp out in Twin Falls. I sure miss the days when they used to hire school buses to take the kids to camp!
I read this article on missiology over on Eric's blog this morning. Be sure to check it out.
Randall's Blog:
A place for inspection and introspection




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home