Ok, it's been over a month since I posted anything and I am about to give up on it. It has been a nice jumping off point to read things like K, Jon, Nergon, and Pearls, but I just haven't been motivated to write anything. Part of it is being too busy, part must just be lack of interest. The blog community seems to be diminishing (B gave up on hers) and it just doesn't seem to be a season of online, public spill-your-guts journaling for me.
Meantime we gave up on teaching and attending TKD here in Eagle after being taken advantage of for too long and switched over to "Freestyle Defensive Arts" which is a christian MMA (mixed martial arts) Kajukenbo studio. We like it because they emphasize Christianity (they actually pray before and after each session) and teach practical self-defense techniques. Toby likes it especially because it is Kung Fu based and very fluid. I like it because the kids like it and it's one heck of a workout!
Things continue to be a lot of fun with STAR as Lyndon and I rode up to Lewiston last weekend to teach a class and are riding out to Canby, Oregon next week for Advanced Rider Training which promises to be a blast!
Oh, and Josh finally managed to pull himself out of trouble and will be coming home for the weekend from Biloxi! It will be his first visit home since leaving for BMT last January. It will be great to see him.
Randall's Blog:
A place for inspection and introspection




1 Comments:
Well, you can still update every once in a while when you feel like it, and RSS lets us all know when that is! So no need to rush to remove anything... I have been having the same problem: too busy and not enough motivation. A Christian defensive martial arts studio near us would be super awesome. I'm vicariously happy at the wonder of the concept. My kids would be thrilled. Come to think of it, I sure need some exercise too! Cool bike photos.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home