We got back from the STAR Experienced Rider Course in Ketchum last night. What a hoot! Two of my best riding buddies and I rode out Hwy 55 through Banks and out 21 through Lowman and Stanley into Ketchum. I can sure see why they call this one of the top 10 most scenic roads in America. Absolutely amazing!
We got up early Saturday morning and rode into Ketchum City hall (after a great breakfast at Christine's) where we took the classroom portion of the training. We broke for lunch and went outside and it was pouring rain! That was certainly unexpected. After lunch it continued to rain off and on for about half of the class. It added a whole additional level of complexity to the training as the parking lot where they do the training (Saint Luke's hospital) had been newly sealed and was so slick our boots would slip as we walked. One poor old guy on a BMW F650 GS went down twice, the second time pretty hard, and was counselled out of the class for safety reasons. The three of us finished up the day and took the "evaluation" (they don't like to use the four-letter word "test") and each of us lost a whole three points. You can miss up to 20 and still pass so that wasn't too bad. All in all it was pretty fun, even if it was a modified BRT designed to fit the smaller course available at that location.
We got up late Sunday, lazed around and took our time riding back through Stanley, Lowman and over Banner Ridge through Idaho City. There was a bit more traffic than on the way there so wasn't quite as much fun. Especially adding being so tired to the mix.
Anyways, I decided, like Katherine commented on my last post, that I have been just too "insanely busy" and told my TKD instructor that I am going to have to stop teaching TKD. Even though both of the kids go with me, it is one more thing that I have to keep up with. We will continue to go and train, but we'll see with what and where.
Randall's Blog:
A place for inspection and introspection




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home