Wednesday, September 01, 2004

I HATE the Blogger toolbar!

Why does Blogger give you room at the top of your blog for a title, and then cover it up with their stupid new toolbar? Oh well, you can't really complain about it since it's free, right?
What an eventful week its been. We did our youth "Rites of Passage" event up at Camp Ida-Haven this last weekend. What a cool, beautiful place! We took the young men rock-climbing, water skiing and on the camp ropes course. I got to climb to the top of a 65 foot steel pole (just like my old phone company days ;) at the top of a 30 foot high hill and then throw myself off attached to a 450 foot long "zip-line" which was attached to my harness. Woohoo, and I thought the Six-Flags Drop Zone was a rush! It's got nuthin' on this. It's a 60 foot free fall (the closest I'll ever get to sky-diving, right Birgit?) and you end up only 4 feet above the ground.
The young men had an absolute blast (Toby was among the first to do everything, including the zip-line and jumping from the top of another pole to a trapeeze and then letting go. Unreal!)
Now I'm off to California on another business trip, but I only have to fly one-way and then get to ride back with my buddy Dave. Should be a kick!



Up, up (oh, I mean down, down) and AWAY!

4 Comments:

Blogger eric keck said...

man...

you look just like christopher reeves.... er, i mean super man

7:39 PM  
Blogger randall said...

hmmmm, do you mean before or after the riding accident...?

10:37 PM  
Blogger jmw said...

I do think the toolbar is better than the old ad.

10:24 AM  
Blogger randall said...

Yeah, but there should at least be a way to shift the rest of the page down so the entire blog can be seen. I spent a while trying to increase margin space so my header/title would at least be visible, but it didn't help.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home