Thursday, December 02, 2004



What is it that is so captivating about a world map? Or is it just me? I spent some time today in front of a map on a wall at work today that was 10 ft. tall by 20 ft. wide and it was absolutely fascinating! I really liked that it was centered on the Himalayas, rather than the US, like most of what you see here. The person we were talking to explained that we are already familiar with our area, and that is why they centered it where they did. I like to see if countries are where I think they are, and whether I can find smaller countries I have heard about but I am not as familiar with. It really makes me want to go and see those places. I wanted to take this map home, only where would I put it?

2 Comments:

Blogger eric keck said...

wild to think of where you friend located it in terms of population demographics...

7:30 AM  
Blogger randall said...

Yep, I thought of that too. Almost smack-dab in the middle of the 10/40 window. It wasn't a friend though. This is a map at work and relates to the challenges we have with products in that area. The call it the "emerging market" btw!

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home